Jim Carrey Online
You are here: HomeBoard index General Discussion Off Topic

Mitch hedberg, gone at 37

Here is where you discuss everything under the sun, just keep it clean.

Mitch hedberg, gone at 37

Postby discombobulate » Fri Apr 01, 2005 4:49 am

http://www.MTV.com/news/articles/1499352/20050331/hedberg_mitch.jhtml?headlines=true%20

Mitch was a brilliant comedian, with his own unique way of doing stand up. I loved every minute of every clip of every performance I have ever heard from Mitch. I will now cherish it more than ever. He had incredible material, and some called him the next Jerry Seinfeld. He went un-noticed by so many, but those who know of him, will understand what a loss we have suffered. May the laughter continue forever Mitch....
discombobulate
All In Good Taste

Postby carreyd away » Fri Apr 01, 2005 6:19 am

I just heard this an hour ago, thought it was a hoax. I "googled" it and found out it was true. Damn, man. What a drag. He was an absolute genius stand-up comic.

When asked we he thought he wasn't a household name, Mitch replied, "Because all of my fans live in apartments."

"When people hand me flyers it's like they're saying 'Here, you throw this away.'"

"I got an ant farm. Them fellas didn't grow shit. "

"I don't have a girlfriend. But I do know a woman who'd be mad at me for saying that. "

"My friend was walking down the street and he said, "I hear music." As if there is any other way of taking it in. I tried to taste it, but it did not work"

"An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You would never see an "Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order" sign, just "Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience." "

"I would imagine if you could understand Morse Code, a tap dancer would drive you crazy."

"If you had a friend who was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down a sidewalk, and he fell, that would be completely unacceptible..."
carreyd away
A Christmas Carol

Postby quirky » Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:04 am

Oh my gosh...I just laughed my rear bumper off over those quotes. :lol:

Particularly the ant farm and the tightrope walker.

I'm ashamed to say I have no idea who Mitch Hedberg was. What a unique mind. Quite a loss.
"When in doubt, tell the truth."
Mark Twain
quirky
Dumb and Dumber To

Return to Off Topic