Jim Carrey Online

My experience with ESOTSM

Discuss older Jim Carrey movies.

My experience with ESOTSM

Postby psychicmuse » Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:10 pm

My son was acting up (He's three) so I watched the entire film squatting in the hallway, right beside the entrance to the seating area. <br><br>I sat in the hallway, which was just as well. The film was incredibly painful for me to watch. <br><br>I can't even begin to tell you why. It was kind of cathartic for me though. It made me face a few things. <br><br>Jim did not look as great in this film.. as he did in the publicity pictures that he took around the time that he did this film. <br><br>I couldn't help but wonder if Jim was depressed after doing it. I was depressed after I saw it. <br><br>I walked out of the theatre, feeling like I had just been to the doctors for chemotherapy or something. <br><br>I can completely identify with the level of how much of a head f*u*c*K this is. I had a bad experience that messed with my head this much too. Its too hard to explain right now. <br><br>But lets say that when I see films like this, I identify almost word for word with parts of them and I always wish the people who wrote the words, knew how I felt. <br><br>Thanks Jim, thanks for the therapy. <br><br>I heard people say this film was romantic, but I didn't find anything in it that I could call romantic. <br><br>Brilliant film though. Brilliant in every sense of the word, just as amazing as "Man on the Moon" too in that way. <br><br>I love clever films like this, that seek to bring you to the very edge of human consciousness and what's possible. <br><br>Or how badly its possible to mess up. Y'all remember this, if ever someone comes up with such a procedure, ok? <p></p><i></i>
psychicmuse
Once Bitten

Return to Older Movies