Jim Carrey Online

Jim Carrey as Jack Sparrow

Comment current news topics here. Including TV appearances by Jim.
Check also the Jim Carrey Schedule (always up-to-date)

Jim Carrey as Jack Sparrow

Postby grinchy steve » Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:23 pm

I would like to comment on the article about this subject. While it's fun to think about, some of the facts just aren't right.

Jim Carrey was not set to play Jack Sparrow as 'first choice' by Disney. He simply was on a list like many other names were. There was no order in that list. There are many, many, many other stories likes this going around on the internet. And as all the others it's a made up story turned into a fact through the years. ;) All sites taking over the ... false truth. There were articles (years ago) quoting some Disney-men saying "Jim Carrey was the first choice." and there are articles quoting Disney-men saying "That rumor is false." In the end, the last one was more believable.

Also, the rumors of the problems with Depp are false. Since the next Pirates already passed the " It's a wrap ! " moment in July. ;) As the directors posted on the Facebook-page. "After 93 shooting days PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES is a wrap! Big thanks to a fantastic cast and crew."

As for the end-question in the article. One does not "replace" a iconic movie character like that. Like Depp would never be able to replace Jim for Ace Ventura. But if Depp never was around in the first place, I sure would want to know how Jim's version would look like. :)
grinchy steve
Kick-Ass 2

Re: Jim Carrey as Jack Sparrow

Postby indy-jones » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:58 pm

I'm with you there! Depp IS Jack Sparrow! End of story!
indy-jones
Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls

Postby Canadian Jayne » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:15 pm

But he cud play
Jacks unknown twin brother
James Sparrow
:lol:
Canadian Jayne
Dumb and Dumber To

Postby EvaAraujo » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:40 pm

grinchy steve wrote:I would like to comment on the article about this subject. While it's fun to think about, some of the facts just aren't right.

Jim Carrey was not set to play Jack Sparrow as 'first choice' by Disney. He simply was on a list like many other names were. There was no order in that list. There are many, many, many other stories likes this going around on the internet. And as all the others it's a made up story turned into a fact through the years. ;) All sites taking over the ... false truth. There were articles (years ago) quoting some Disney-men saying "Jim Carrey was the first choice." and there are articles quoting Disney-men saying "That rumor is false." In the end, the last one was more believable.

Also, the rumors of the problems with Depp are false. Since the next Pirates already passed the " It's a wrap ! " moment in July. ;) As the directors posted on the Facebook-page. "After 93 shooting days PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MEN TELL NO TALES is a wrap! Big thanks to a fantastic cast and crew."

As for the end-question in the article. One does not "replace" a iconic movie character like that. Like Depp would never be able to replace Jim for Ace Ventura. But if Depp never was around in the first place, I sure would want to know how Jim's version would look like. :)

I agree.
I didn't mention in the article but Jim replacing Depp, even if it was true (I don't believe it either), would be stupid.
I'm a guardian of the spark...
I'm a God damn and proud good fan... and I love it! = )>
EvaAraujo
JCO Staff

Return to Stop The Press!